"In the pursuit of virtue, don't be afraid to overtake your teacher."
"Young people should not be taken lightly. How do you know that they will not one day be better than you are now?"

--Confucius

"True poets are only the interpreters of the Gods."

-- Socrates

You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you're the same.


Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Response to Getting Away with Murder the True Story of the Emmet Till Case

I thought that this book was the most interesting, yet disturbing, yet well written book I've ever read!  If you think that you've ever read a book more of one of these then you'd be wrong.  The book was about a 14 year old boy who grew up in Chicago.  He moved to Mississippi later in his life.  While in Chicago he was used to being dared to go talk to "white" people.  Though when he got dared to do the same thing in Mississippi, he ended up murdered. 

The reason that the book is called getting away with it is because, well, you'll have to read the book.  I don't want to give away the ending.  Also, I would only recommend this book to people who have strong stomachs.  Some of the information and pictures are really disturbing.  You may think that I am kidding, but I'm not.  It really does make you think about your life and who you would miss if they left you. 

Overall this book was, as I said, interesting, too!   It gives information on the Civil Rights Movements and other facts of that time period. (1950's)  I highly enjoyed reading this, somewhat, and I hope if you read it, you will too.

1 comment:

  1. I looked through that book when you were reading it, and yes it's disturbing. I like how you didn't summarize the book and instead advertised it. I am probably too freaked out to read that book from what I have seen and read already. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete