"In the pursuit of virtue, don't be afraid to overtake your teacher."
"Young people should not be taken lightly. How do you know that they will not one day be better than you are now?"

--Confucius

"True poets are only the interpreters of the Gods."

-- Socrates

You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you're the same.


Friday, April 27, 2012

Used to Be

Author's Note:
This is a poem about moving apart from someone who you used to call a friend.


We used to be the best of friends
Ones who always talked
We were always by each other's side
When we ate, and spoke, and walked

You knew that you could trust me
Even with all your secrets
Because if you told me not to tell
You know that I would keep it

I helped with everything you've done
Even when I knew you're wrong
I even listened to all of your music
Each and every song

We stood right by each other
And you listened to me complain
I heard what you had to say
Even when it drove me insane

You could always tell anything
That was ever on my mind
I just have this one last question
Are we out of time?

I wish that I could only tell you
If only each of us knew
That all that I have left to say
Is this, I miss you

I wish that you would realize
That all I seem to do
Is hold my breath
Waiting here for you

Our little fights meant nothing
And our arguing became like art
But I still can't believe
That this drove us apart

No comments:

Post a Comment