"In the pursuit of virtue, don't be afraid to overtake your teacher."
"Young people should not be taken lightly. How do you know that they will not one day be better than you are now?"

--Confucius

"True poets are only the interpreters of the Gods."

-- Socrates

You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you're the same.


Monday, April 30, 2012

Learned


Author's Note:
This is a poem that I wrote about going through life making mistakes and messing up, but learning from those mistakes is important.

Throughout my life
I've done many things
I know of sadness
And the joy it brings

I've loved and lost
Than not at all
I tried my best
Just not to fall

I've made mistakes
I've lied and hurt
I've made myself
Feel just like dirt

I've had some chances
I've taken risks
I've thought of all the times
I missed

I've trusted friends
I've taken leaps
I've even cried myself
To sleep

I've dreamt of dreams
I've wanted to be
I've always just wanted
To be me

I've quote authors
Songs and books
I've given choices
Second looks

I've laughed at jokes
I've made up my mind
I've wanted to
Go back in time

I've created walls
I hope don't break
I've trusted, waited
Earned my fate

I've tried new things
And really sucked
I've forgotten chores
And pushed my luck

I've sprained my wrist
I've cracked a bone
I've hurt myself
More than I know

I've heard of tales
I've made up lore
I've made sure
I'm never bored

I've been quite different
I've been quite stern
But best of all
At least I've learned

No comments:

Post a Comment