"In the pursuit of virtue, don't be afraid to overtake your teacher."
"Young people should not be taken lightly. How do you know that they will not one day be better than you are now?"

--Confucius

"True poets are only the interpreters of the Gods."

-- Socrates

You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you're the same.


Thursday, April 19, 2012

Passing Times

Author's Note:
This is a poem about how you can have a friend or loved one be really close one day, then seeming to be out of your life the next.


What used to be so difficult
To say straight to your face
Now seems so right to tell you
To put you back in your place

From what you're saying I can tell
And, no, I'm not surprised
I can tell that the real you
No longer shows in your eyes

I know that what we've missed
Long ago was the truth
I wish that we could just go back
To the old me and you

All those insults you have spoken
Have truly been a classic
Now I know I've lost you
And feel the farthest from fantastic

I hoped that we could make it better
Make it start going right
But I know that me with you
Was in a different life

No comments:

Post a Comment