"In the pursuit of virtue, don't be afraid to overtake your teacher."
"Young people should not be taken lightly. How do you know that they will not one day be better than you are now?"

--Confucius

"True poets are only the interpreters of the Gods."

-- Socrates

You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you're the same.


Thursday, April 19, 2012

Author's Note:
This is a poem that I wrote (and I know that it's kind of sad-ish) but I wrote it after watching about 4 sad Nicholas Sparks movies.   

Even in my short few years
I have learned many toxic things
Like family comes at a high cost
And there are no such thing as happy endings

Sure there could be a chapter
That could be fun, and you'd defend it
But happy endings come and go
It just matters where your story ended

Though a tale that's told
And finished, from beginning to the end
Would show that all good things are lost
Even each and every friend

Real life is not worth restating
For we have fiction movies and books
And in due time, love will leave your heart
In just a second look

But if you keep on reading
The story of your life
You will find all sorts of secrets
About your husband or your wife

People can put on fake smiles
I know that because I'm not naïve
Every time we find the joy
It slips our fingers like a sieve

So end it now, or end it later
Whichever you would choose
But either way, start of finish
You are always bound to loose

No comments:

Post a Comment