"In the pursuit of virtue, don't be afraid to overtake your teacher."
"Young people should not be taken lightly. How do you know that they will not one day be better than you are now?"

--Confucius

"True poets are only the interpreters of the Gods."

-- Socrates

You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you're the same.


Monday, October 24, 2011

Wallops

Author's Note:
I was just in a good Dr. Seuss-y mood and thought and wrote this.  I am focusing on voice and word choice. 


Six wallops make a dillon
And ten dillions make a rill
Eighteen rills will make a stella
And one stella makes a vill

But what are these crazy words?
Well I'll tell you what they are
They are the currency of dust bunnies
That hang out in your car

They're sometimes used for tube socks
At the bottom of your bed
Though no person's ever seen them
With the two eyes in their head

Only one little, baby girl
Named cutely as Sally Lou
She claimed to see a dillion
Though I haven't, have you?

No comments:

Post a Comment