"In the pursuit of virtue, don't be afraid to overtake your teacher."
"Young people should not be taken lightly. How do you know that they will not one day be better than you are now?"

--Confucius

"True poets are only the interpreters of the Gods."

-- Socrates

You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you're the same.


Monday, October 24, 2011

Dating

Author's Note:
This is a poem that I wrote after listening to Cody Simpson for an hour, so I sorta felt in a lovey-dovey mood.  I am focusing on voice.


It is the "joyous" part of upper schools
For it is cliché no doubt
The way some special likes just you
You’re the person they cannot live without

It gives you this little feeling
On the inside of your throat
It can take you on a journey
On a mystical love boat

You never know how long it lasts
So cherish every second
From here to Texas, everywhere
To India, I recon

From the holding of the hands
To the holy, gracious kiss
Even for just once in your life
It is something you can't miss

It kinda makes you noticed
Though it could make you hated
Why don't we just say,
It is very complicated

No comments:

Post a Comment