"In the pursuit of virtue, don't be afraid to overtake your teacher."
"Young people should not be taken lightly. How do you know that they will not one day be better than you are now?"

--Confucius

"True poets are only the interpreters of the Gods."

-- Socrates

You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you're the same.


Friday, January 27, 2012

Silent King

Author's Note:
This is a poem I wrote to make the reader think of the people in your life that you do not always notice, but  are helping to guide you through life and are there to catch you before you fall.  I want to make the reader  think about a person who you know, who you don't know, or who you have yet to meet, that will one day lead you in the right directions in life.  I am focusing on formatting.

Once upon a time…

A village in danger
With no chance of hope
Lost out of luck
Without a savior
But a silent king

Few have seen him
Few have tried
Few even know
That he's alive
Silent king

In trouble or darkness
In the dead of the night
He who is knowing
Will soon guide the light
Silent King

He never stays
To accept his prize
He runs out yonder
And disappears
Silent king

You cannot find him
But he will always
Find you
Whenever needed
Silent king

On the first
Day of summer
A stranger he met
Discovered the great
Silent king

They talked and talked
Face to a face
He told of his travels
He told of his mind
Silent king

But thy asked him
A question
How do you know?
How do you know where to go,
Silent king

He thought about it
And walked around
And only chirped
Few mumbled sounds

I see all that is alive
Even though I am quite blind

I hear sounds, of what is left
Even though I am quite deaf

I taste words, that drip from mouths
Even though I make few sounds

I smell hate, from quite a distance
I fix problems, no resistance

I touch lives, of all whom I meet
Even though I can't be seen

And his new friend
Rebutted
Then just how can I,
See you with my eyes
Silent king

You can believe
You do believe
All have been
Given the choice
Silent king

You were not chosen
You are not different
Than he or me
Or she nor I
Silent king

Though perhaps you see
Just like me
Everything
Yet nothing
Silent king

Nobody else can surely
Understand
What it is like
To see what we see
Silent king

The man replied with
What do we see?
And king answered
Energy
Silent king

For we do not
Need eyes or ears
Or lips or fingers
Or noses, or fears
Silent king

Ignorance is bliss
Though we would not
Give in
We kept hope
Silent king

Saving, sharing
Teaching, guiding
Lighting, giving
Caring, loving
Silent king

Silent king

Silent king

His new friend
Blinked once then
Twice, but he was
Gone, who?
Silent king

With no trace of
A path a trail or
Direction
Gone
Deserted
Vanishing
Silent king

No comments:

Post a Comment