"In the pursuit of virtue, don't be afraid to overtake your teacher."
"Young people should not be taken lightly. How do you know that they will not one day be better than you are now?"

--Confucius

"True poets are only the interpreters of the Gods."

-- Socrates

You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you're the same.


Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Forgotten Words

Author's Note:
I wrote this poem to make the reader think if there were any words of kindness they would want to say to someone, in the case that they, or the other person, were gone tomorrow.  I am focusing on word choice and would appreciate comments.

People ask me
Why I give compliments
My reply?
Why not?

I figure in
The little ways
That simple words, can make a day

While it may seem
A little queer
I do it, to bring some cheer

So if I were
To ask you this
What was the last thing you missed

Was it a phrase
That you could say,
That might have maybe made their day

Do not leave life
With a regret
Do what you wanted, better yet

Just think if there
Is anybody,
Whom you would wish to say

I'm sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment