"In the pursuit of virtue, don't be afraid to overtake your teacher."
"Young people should not be taken lightly. How do you know that they will not one day be better than you are now?"

--Confucius

"True poets are only the interpreters of the Gods."

-- Socrates

You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you're the same.


Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Never Ending Unwrapping Job

    Author's Note:
    This is my passage inspired by a Christmas Break event.  It is from the perspective of my sister as she's opening a present from me.  The point of this story is to describe what happened and her thoughts as she was opening it.  I am focusing on voice.  Please leave comments.
    Opening that sole, large, multi-colored box; with your name on it.  As you unwrap the first layer of paper, you notice that there was another box inside.  You unwrap that box, another, another, another, another, another, another, another, and finally get to a small jewelry looking box and the very center.  You carefully open this delicate container and you discover a note.  This note has one word upon its' page.  Your mind thinks that this is some kind of joke since you just spent eleven minutes opening the previous boxes.   What did the note say, you ask, and I answer; FAIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment