"In the pursuit of virtue, don't be afraid to overtake your teacher."
"Young people should not be taken lightly. How do you know that they will not one day be better than you are now?"

--Confucius

"True poets are only the interpreters of the Gods."

-- Socrates

You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you're the same.


Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Echo

Author's Note:
This is a poem that I wrote trying to show how people remember all negatives that occur, but forget positives.  The domino effect of, if you did something one week, then one time the next, someone remembers that, but forgets all goodness you did in the 14 as well.


I wish my actions sounded louder
Than what I forgot to do
I wish my begging for forgiveness
Was something you could give into

I wish my words did not just melt on you
That they would come off strong
I wish that you would see when I was right
But no, I'm always wrong

I wish that my talents pushed ahead
Of what I cannot do
I wish that my absence in earlier years
Would make up for seeing you

I wish my silence of me so far
Didn't hold me up for who I am now
I wish you could see inside my heart
If only you knew how

No comments:

Post a Comment