"In the pursuit of virtue, don't be afraid to overtake your teacher."
"Young people should not be taken lightly. How do you know that they will not one day be better than you are now?"

--Confucius

"True poets are only the interpreters of the Gods."

-- Socrates

You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you're the same.


Sunday, February 12, 2012

Mystery

Author's Note:
This is a new type of poem I wanted to try, no I have no idea what it is called (for all I know, I made it up) and I got the subject of the poem from Sara Fox.



Red
Mush
Pick up
A spoon
Then wait.
Plunge, dive
Into the warm
Sticky goodness
Savoring the tender
Touch of the cream gracing
Your mouth.  The strong flavor
Overwhelms your senses, causing
You to enjoy the taste and sit there.
Sit still enjoying the never ending
Aroma of the berry; you smell
Something else as well, what
What is it?   You ponder the
Thought, but you turn up
Empty. You go back to
Eating   your  sweet
Fantastical, almost
Delicious, no; it
Was delicious
Not almost
For sure
Splendid
Enough to
Make you
Smile once
You have bitten
Wrong; slurped, yes
Into the gooey, red, soft
Substance.  What. What. What?
What? Substance could this possibly
Be? There could not be an object that is
Warm, soft, red, delicious, fantastical, sweet-
Smelling, splendid, and mind blowing! What I ask?
For the warm, soft, red, delicious, fantastical,
Sweet-smelling, splendid, & mind blowing
Object that I am referencing that I am
Speaking you about is the one, the
Only--Strawberry Jell-O

You have genuinely been mind blown

No comments:

Post a Comment