"In the pursuit of virtue, don't be afraid to overtake your teacher."
"Young people should not be taken lightly. How do you know that they will not one day be better than you are now?"

--Confucius

"True poets are only the interpreters of the Gods."

-- Socrates

You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you're the same.


Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Inner Emotions

Author's Note:
I have been trying to write rhyming poems that have deeper thought into them.  This one is supposed to show how even though someone may seem sad or down, they could be perfectly contempt. 


If I fall and trip into a ditch
I might just scrape my knee
If I skip over a rainbow
Do not try to catch me

I might just go do something stupid
Just because I know it's wrong
I might forget every lyric,
Every rhyme to every song

Just because I am not smart
Does not mean I have words to say
Just because you think your funny
You might not make my day

If I chose to just be sad
And I don't want to show a smile
It doesn't mean that I cannot
Every now and in a while

The one thing that I've learned
From falling, skipping, breaking, snapping
Is that I may just take a spill
But it doesn't mean that I'm unhappy

Band-aids cannot mend my heart
And a kiss can't heal a wound
The only way to make me smile
Is if I see you soon

No comments:

Post a Comment